India Visa Online Resumes for 156 Countries
By order of India's Bureau of Immigration, Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA) India Visa Online has been restored with immediate effect from 30th March 2021 for foreign nationals of 156 countries. The following categories of India Online Visa (or India eVisa) has been restored:
- India Online Business Visa: Who intend to visit India for the commercial purposes
- India Online Medical Visa: Who intend to visit India for medical treatment
- India Online Medical Attendant Visa: Who intend to visit India as attendants of an India eMedical Visa holder
- India Online Visa facility is still not available to nationals of China, Hong Kong, Canada, United Kingdom, Indonesia, Iran, Malaysia and Saudi Arabia.
Prior to restrictions that were announced in 2020 due to Covid-19, India Online Visa was available to citizens of 171 countries. Post the first wave of Covid-19, in October of 2020, India had restored all existing regular visas (except all types of Online or Electronic Visas, tourist, and medical visas) enabling foreigner nationals to come to India for business, employment, education, research and medical purposes.
Here is the full list of countries whose national are eligible for India eVisa facility
What is India Visa Online or India E Visa?
- An online Visa is provided in following major categories — India eVisa for Tourism, India eVisa for Business, conference, India eVisa for Medical, and India eVisa for Medical Attendants.
- Under the India Online Visa programme, foreign nationals can apply and complete the application online and do not need to visit an Indian embassy or consulate in person.
- After the application is completed online along with payment, an Electronic Travel Authorisation (ETA) is emailed to the applicant, which has to be presented at the immigration checkpost on arrival.
- Entry on Indian eVisa is allowed only at 28 designated international airports and 5 major seaports in India.
- India eVisa facility is not available for the current or former citizens of Pakistan and they are expected to apply for regular visas from the Indian High Commission in Islamabad.
- Indian E-visas are valid only for Ordinary passport and not for foreign diplomats which are dealt separately.
Should you have any doubts or require assistance for your trip to India or India e-Visa,contact Indian eVisa Help Desk for support and guidance.