Online Visa for India for Filipino Citizens
For travelling and staying in India, hundreds of Filipinos apply for an Indian Visa each year. To simplify and speed up the process of gaining an Indian Visa, the Indian Government introduced an Indian E-Visa to the public.
India is an incredible country located in South Asia. This country is predominantly known for its vibrant culture, lip-smacking food, tea and coffee plants, nature rich places, numerous languages and much more. Among tons of reasons why India is a favourite tourist spot, the movie industry is a main attraction for many visitors.
The film industry of India, referred to as Bollywood, is a well-known industry which releases super hit movies with addictive songs that chart for weeks on the global billboard.
The Indian film industry is also well-known for producing huge amounts of qualitative films which are highly quantitative as compared to the movie production of any other film industry.
India is also the house of one of the most attractive and beautiful wonders from the Seven Wonders known as Taj Mahal. The Taj Mahal monument, located in Agra, Delhi, is one of the prime tourist locations and visitor driving forces of India.
This Visa has made the citizens of 166 countries eligible to travel to India with a valid Visa which can be gained from the comfort of their homes.
Government of India allows visit to India by applying for Indian Visa online on this website for several purposes. For example if your intention for travelling to India relates to a commercial or business purpose, then you are eligible to apply for Indian Business Visa Online (Indian Visa Online or eVisa India for Business). If you are planning to go to India as a medical visitor for medical reason, consulting doctor or for surgery or for your health, Government of India has made Indian Medical Visa Online available for your needs (Indian Visa Online or eVisa India for Medical purposes). Indian Tourist Visa Online (Indian Visa Online or eVisa India for Tourist) can be utilised for meeting friends, meeting relatives in India, attending courses like Yoga, or for sight-seeing and tourism.
Is There A Need For Philippine Passport Holders To Gain An Indian E-Visa For Visiting India
Yes! All the Philippine passport holders do need to apply for an Indian E-Visa for visiting India.
As of now, the citizens of 166 countries can apply for an Indian E-Visa with complete eligibility for the same. The Philippine passport holders are not an exception. The visitors from not only Philippines, but from any part of the world can select visas from a wide range of options offered to them.
The various types of Visa options offered to travellers are often categorised under the Indian E-Visa category. The wide range of Visa types enables the travellers to travel to India with a Visa which resembles their specific purpose of visit.
Starting with the Philippine passport holders who wish to travel to India for tourism purposes, they must gain an Indian Tourist Visa. Then, the Philippine passport holders whose prime aim of travelling to India is Business should gain an Indian Business Visa.
Lastly, the Philippine passport holders who have preferred India as a country to seek medical assistance should gain an Indian Medical E-Visa.
If you are planning to visit India, then the most convenient method is to apply online. Learn more at How to obtain an India Visa online?
Important Documents And Eligibility Requirements For Philippine Passport Holders For Obtaining An Indian Electronic Visa
It may occur most times with many travellers that they may not be eligible enough to apply for an Indian E-Visa even though their nationality is included in the list of countries who can apply for an Indian E-Visa. This can be because an invalid passport, insufficient personal or professional details, false documents and much more.
To avoid a rejected visa, one must make sure that they are able to meet the eligibility requirements issued by the Indian Government for the Philippine passport holders. The checklist which must be followed, no matter what kind of Visa the applicant is applying for, is as follows:-
- An acceptable email ID.
- An acceptable credit card or debit card.
- An acceptable passport with an acceptable validity period.
Along with these documents, there is a list of eligibility requirements which must be fulfilled by the applicant before and during the application process for the Indian E-Visa. The requirements are as follows:-
- It must be ensured in advance that the passport of each Philippine applicant is valid. The deciding factor for a valid passport is the validity period of six months from the start date of Indian E-Visa which the applicant is applying for.
- It must be ensured in advance that the passport of each Philippine applicant has 02 pages blank. This is because the entrance and exit stamps will be stamped on arrival of the applicant in India. This will happen on the entry and exit ports decided by the applicant in their Visa application document.
- It must be ensured in advance that the Philippine passport holder is aware that they cannot stay more than ninety consecutive days in India if they have applied for an Indian Tourist E-Visa.
- It must be ensured in advance that the India Tourist Visa is a non-convertible visa. This means that it cannot be converted into other Visa types.
- It must be ensured in advance that the Indian Tourist E-Visa is a non-extendable Visa. This means that the Visa cannot be extended beyond the expiration date.
- It must be ensured in advance that each Philippine passport holder has an individual or separate Visa and passport. Thus factor is considered regardless of the age of the traveller.
- It must be ensured in advance that parents, guardians and spouses are not allowed to include their children on their Visa.
- It must be ensured in advance that the Philippine passport holder is aware that they need to travel and stay in India with the printed copy of their Indian E-Visa.
- It must be ensured in advance that the Philippine passport holders are not entering any restricted areas or spots in India with the Indian electronic Visa.
- It must be ensured that the Philippine passport holders who have diplomatic passports have not applied for an Indian E-Visa. This is the similar guideline for the bearers of International travel documents too.
- It must be ensured that the Philippine passport holder does not apply for an Indian E-Visa for more than twice in the period of 365 days.
- It must be ensured that the Philippine passport holder has a return ticket before they start applying for an Indian E-Visa.
The Indian digital Visa has enabled Philippine travellers to enter and exit the country through twenty eight airports and 5 seaports. The medium of entry and exit of the Philippine traveller through the medium of land has not been considered under the Indian E-Visa yet.
One thing that makes Jaipur stand out from all tourist destinations is its enormous markets that are spread out all over the city, making every shopper’s dream come true. Learn more at Tourist Guide to the Best Shopping Markets in Jaipur
The Complete Procedure For The Indian E-Visa For Filipinos
The process to fill an Indian E-Visa application form can be commenced once it is ensured by the applicant that they are fully eligible for an Indian E-Visa. On the Indian E-Visa website, an applicant can get the application form and fill it with accurate and true information.
The application form is a simple form which includes information like Full name, DOB, nationality, Passport details etc which should be filled by the applicant. Along with pieces of information, the applicant will be asked extra information like:-
- Marital status
- Countries visited in the last few years.
- Educational qualifications
- Professional life and much more.
The application form also consists of a couple of security questions which can be simply answered with a yes or a no. If the answers are given with the utmost sincerity and truthfulness, then the Visa will most likely be granted to the Philippine passport holder. If not, then a rejection or Visa or delay in the processing process can be expected.
Once the entire application form has been filled and the applicant has attached the necessary documents to the form, they are expected to pay the Visa fees. Once the fees have been paid, the Philippine passport holder has to revise the information that they have filled in the form and then submit. Revision is the key as it will provide an opportunity to the applicant to mend the mistakes they may have made in the form.
US citizens can apply for Indian eVisa if the duration of the trip to India is for less than 180 days. Learn more at How To Get an Indian Visa From USA easily?
In How Many Days Can The Philippine Passport Holder Expect Their Approved Visa To Arrive
It is understandable that many applicants may be in a hurry or an emergency for which they expect the visa to arrive as soon as possible. For this, the Indian Government has issued that the Visa will arrive to the applicant in minimum two days and maximum one week.
One week is considered due to additional days falling between the processing period of the Visa as days are counted as business days or working days.
The major factors due to which a delay in gaining the Visa can take place are as follows:-
- Submission of false or wrong documents.
- Incorrect or misleading information filled in the application form.
Additional documents are asked for evidence or as a proof for the information mentioned in the application form, etc. Usually these proof documents are asked to submit with the application form itself.
After the Visa arrives in the digital mailbox of the applicant with an approved status, they can print the Visa as a document and present it to the authorities at the Immigration section of the airport or any other chosen port. The officials at the airport may ask the applicant to show them their passport, printed Visa, take fingerprints, etc to allow them to enter the country.
Once entry is granted, the Philippine applicant can enter India and start exploring the country and its beauty. But they must keep in mind that they are carrying the printed copy of the Visa with them at all times to avoid any issues in the country.
The calm waters of Kerala's winding backwaters and the widespread spice plantations are some of the qualities that define the state of Kerala as one of the most preferred tourist spots in India. Read Top Tourist Attractions in Kerala
Electronic Visa For India For Filipino Citizens Summary
As it is observable, the entire process to gain an Indian E-Visa when applied by a Philippine passport holder is extremely easy and speedy. Who ever wondered that without standing in long queues at the Embassy, one can gain an Indian E-Visa from the comfort of their home.
With simple devices and a fast internet connection, any applicant can steadily complete any number of application forms and also gain the Visa in the intended amount of time. Be ready to explore the Indian states, cities and villages with a Visa which is so easy to gain, each applicant will love the process as they give life to it!
Citizens of many countries including United States, Canada, France, New Zealand, Australia, Germany, Sweden, Denmark, Switzerland, Italy, Singapore, United Kingdom, are eligible for Indian Visa Online (eVisa India) including visiting beaches of India on tourist visa. Resident of over 180 countries quality for Indian Visa Online (eVisa India) as per Indian Visa Eligibility and apply the Indian Visa Online offered by the Government of India.
Should you have any doubts or require assistance for your trip to India or Visa for India (eVisa India), you can apply for the Indian Visa Online right here and if you need any need any help or require any clarifications you should contact Indian Visa Help Desk for support and guidance.