Indian eVisa for Taiwanese Nationals
Different types of Indian eVisas available for Taiwanese travellers, depending on the purpose of their visit. The eTourist visa is suitable for those engaging in tourist activities, participating in spiritual retreats, or visiting friends and family in India. In addition to the eTourist visa, there are also eVisas for business travellers and those seeking medical treatment in India, offered by the Indian government.
India's diverse culture, iconic landmarks, and spiritual retreats attract travellers worldwide. To make travel to India more convenient, the Indian government introduced electronic travel authorization, or eVisa, in 2014. This system allows citizens from 169 countries to travel to India without needing a physical visa, streamlining the visa application process, and facilitating visitors' exploration of India's attractions. Whether you want to fully immerse yourself in Indian culture, explore its iconic landmarks, or embark on a spiritual journey, the eVisa system makes traveling to India more accessible and hassle-free for travellers from around the globe.
Government of India allows visit to India by applying for Indian Visa online on this website for several purposes. For example if your intention for travelling to India relates to a commercial or business purpose, then you are eligible to apply for Indian Business Visa Online (Indian Visa Online or eVisa India for Business). If you are planning to go to India as a medical visitor for medical reason, consulting doctor or for surgery or for your health, Government of India has made Indian Medical Visa Online available for your needs (Indian Visa Online or eVisa India for Medical purposes). Indian Tourist Visa Online (Indian Visa Online or eVisa India for Tourist) can be utilised for meeting friends, meeting relatives in India, attending courses like Yoga, or for sight-seeing and tourism.
Visa Requirements for Taiwanese Citizens Traveling to India
As of the current regulations, Taiwanese citizens planning to travel to India, except for diplomats or holders of special travel documents, must apply for an eVisa before their trip.
Different types of Indian eVisas available for Taiwanese travellers, depending on the purpose of their visit. The eTourist visa is suitable for those engaging in tourist activities, participating in spiritual retreats, or visiting friends and family in India.
In addition to the eTourist visa, there are also eVisas for business travellers and those seeking medical treatment in India, offered by the Indian government.
It is essential for travellers to carefully review the complete list of eVisa types offered by the Indian government to apply for the appropriate visa that aligns with their travel purpose. This ensures a smooth and hassle-free entry to India for Taiwanese citizens.
The requirements for Indian Visa fall into few different categories. Learn more at Indian Visa Requirements.
Eligibility Criteria for Indian eVisa for Taiwanese Citizens
Taiwanese citizens interested in applying for an Indian eTourist visa should be aware of the following eligibility criteria:
- Passport: Applicants must have a passport that will remain applicable for at least 6 months from the date of their arrival in India. The passport should also have at least two blank pages for entry/exit stamps.
- Non-convertible and non-extendible: The Indian eTourist visa is non-convertible and non-extendible. Travellers must adhere to the maximum length of stay, which is 90 days, and follow the rules for overstaying an Indian visa.
- Individual passport for each traveller: Every traveller, regardless of age, must have their passport. Children cannot be listed on their parent's eVisa application and will require their separate application.
- Proof of return or onward travel: Travellers must have a return ticket or ticket of onward travel while applying for the Indian eVisa.
- Maximum Visits: According to the Indian government regulations, travellers from Taiwan can apply for the Indian eVisa a maximum of two times within a single calendar year.
- Sufficient funds: Applicants must have sufficient funds to cover their stay in India.
- Limitations on usage: The eVisa cannot be used to enter restricted/prohibited areas or cantonment areas. Diplomatic passport holders or travellers with international documents are not eligible for an Indian eVisa.
- Designated entry points: The Indian government has designated 28 airports and 5 seaports from which Indian eTourist visa holders can arrive.
- Land or sea travel: If travellers plan to arrive in India via land or sea, they must obtain a visa through a local embassy or consulate before arriving.
It's important for Taiwanese citizens to carefully review and fulfill these eligibility criteria when applying for an Indian eVisa to ensure a smooth and successful visa application process.
To apply for an eVisa India, applicants are required to have a passport valid for at least 6 months (starting at the date of entry), an email, and have a valid credit/debit card. Learn more at India Visa Eligibility.
How to Apply for an Indian eVisa from Taiwan?
The application process for an Indian eTourist visa from Taiwan is straightforward and can be done online through the Indian Online eVisa website. Here are the steps:
- Access the Indian Online eVisa website.
- Give complete and accurate personal information on the online form, including your first and last names, citizenship and nationality, date of birth, place of birth, passport information, address, and phone number.
- Answer security questions truthfully, which may include information about vaccines needed for an Indian visa.
- Submit additional evidence, if required, such as a scanned copy of the passport page with biographical information and a recent colour photograph that meets the specified requirements.
When submitting a photograph for the Indian eVisa application, it must adhere to the following specifications:
- Background: The photo must be taken against a plain white background.
- Facial Position: The applicant's face must be cantered in the photo, with the entire face visible from the crown of the head to the tip of the chin.
- Facial Features: The applicant's facial features, including eyes, nose, and mouth, must be visible and not covered by any objects or accessories.
- Focus and Clarity: The photograph must be focused and not blurred, ensuring that all details are sharp and easily recognizable.
- Double-check the application form to ensure that all information matches the passport.
- Pay using a valid debit/credit card to complete the application process.
Once the application is submitted and payment is made, the Indian eVisa will be processed, and an electronic visa will be sent via email. It's important to keep a copy of the eVisa and present it upon arrival in India, along with the passport used in the application.
India Visa Application Form was a paper based form until 2014. Since then, majority of travellers and avail the benefits of online application process. Common questions regarding the Indian Visa Application, as to who needs to complete it, the information required in the application, duration it takes to complete, any preconditions, eligibility requirements, and payment method guidance is already provided in detail at this link. Learn more at Indian Visa Application Process.
Obtaining an Indian eVisa for Taiwanese Travellers
Taiwanese travellers who are planning to visit India are required to obtain an eVisa before their departure. The eVisa application takes time to process, usually 2 to 4 business days, but it may take longer sometimes. Therefore, Taiwanese nationals should apply for their visa well in advance to avoid any potential delays or denials.
To apply for an Indian eVisa, Taiwanese travellers must submit their application online and provide personal information, such as their name, passport details, travel itinerary, and other required details. It is important to carefully review all the information provided on the application form for accuracy to avoid rejection or delays in receiving the approved eVisa.
Once the eVisa is approved, it will be emailed to the applicant. Travellers must print a copy of the eVisa and carry it along with their passports when they travel to India. At the port of entry, Indian Immigration and Border Officials will verify the visa and other documents and may take fingerprints and a recent photo of the traveller. After the verification process, an entry stamp will be placed on the passport, allowing the traveller to enter India for the period of time specified on their eVisa. It is important to adhere to the duration of stay mentioned on the eVisa and exit India through an authorized immigration checkpoint.
You need to be aware that getting an Indian Visa online (eVisa India) requires a set of supporting documents. These documents are different depending on the Type of Indian Visa you are applying. Learn more at Documents required for Indian Online Visa (India eVisa).
Taiwan, the Island of Beauty
Taiwan is a small island nation located in the heart of the Pacific Ocean, but don't let its size fool you: it is a land of immense beauty and rich culture. Taiwan has something for everyone, from its vibrant cities to its breath taking natural landscapes. Taipei, the capital city, is a bustling metropolis with a lively street food scene, a rich cultural heritage, and some of the tallest buildings in the world. Beyond the city, Taiwan is a land of stunning natural beauty, with towering mountains, lush forests, and pristine beaches. The Taroko Gorge in eastern Taiwan is a prime example of the island's natural wonders, with its towering cliffs, crystal-clear waters, and picturesque trails. Taiwan is also known for its delicious cuisine, which draws on China, Japanese, and Southeast Asia flavours. From the savoury flavours of beef noodle soup to the sweet delights of pineapple cake, Taiwanese cuisine is a true feast for the senses. With its friendly people, rich history, and awe-inspiring landscapes, Taiwan is a country that is sure to capture your heart and leave you longing for more.
From being the birthplace of Buddhism thousands of years ago to now being home to many of the world's largest Tibetan settlements, India has a set of many outstanding Buddhist monasteries which you would surely want to visit on a trip to the country. Learn more at The most famous Buddhist Monasteries in India
Citizens of many countries including United States, Canada, France, New Zealand, Australia, Germany, Sweden, Denmark, Switzerland, Italy, Singapore, United Kingdom, are eligible for Indian Visa Online (eVisa India) including visiting beaches of India on tourist visa. Resident of over 180 countries quality for Indian Visa Online (eVisa India) as per Indian Visa Eligibility and apply the Indian Visa Online offered by the Government of India.
Should you have any doubts or require assistance for your trip to India or Visa for India (eVisa India), you can apply for the Indian Visa Online right here and if you need any need any help or require any clarifications you should contact Indian Visa Help Desk for support and guidance.